Are You Ready To Provide A Safe, Decent, Affordable Home For Your Family?
1. Are you unable to obtain a conventional home loan?
2. Is your current residence overpriced, overcrowded or in disrepair?
3. Are you willing to help us build your new home?
4. Are you able to make monthly mortgage and escrow payments?
5. Do you meet the income limits listed?
Habitat of Davidson County, June 2018 Income Limits
|# in Household->||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8|
*Income levels are set annually by US Department of Housing & Urban Development and are 30-60% of the median income. (Note: Minimum income limits have been adjusted to reflect the income required to afford the mortgage payment for the house size required for the family size.)
*FY 2017 income limits summary HUD
3 Initial Requirements To Qualify For Purchasing A Habitat Home
- NEED: You must have lived or worked in the Lexington area for a least one year and must have a definite housing need.
- ABILITY TO PAY: Habitat homeowners must have stable income that is less than 50% of the area median,(See chart above), as well as a reasonable credit history.
- WILLINGNESS TO PARTNER: You must be willing to enter the Lexington Housing Community Development Corporation’s Home Ownership Program, as well as complete 200 “sweat equity” hours on the construction of your home.
If you believe you initially qualify using the above 3 initial qualifiers, please download and complete this application (click this link). Then, call to schedule an appointment with us to review your application!
Habitat for Humanity is an ecumenical, non-profit, Christian organization that does not discriminate applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, or age. We will verify income and screen qualified applicants with credit, criminal and sex offender checks.